View Single Post

Old 07-04-2011, 01:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Once again I recommend viewing the Documentary Inside Job. It tells how we got into the mess, who created it, what didn't happen to them and who are still actively involved in Govt. These vultures have moved from administration to administration and while they should have gone to prison, are still in positions of influence.

Following write up is from Netflix

Inside Job(2010) PG-13

"From filmmaker Charles Ferguson comes this sobering, Oscar-winning documentary that presents in comprehensive yet cogent detail the pervasive and deep-rooted corruption that led to the global economic meltdown of 2008. Through unflinching interviews with key financial insiders, politicos, journalists and academics, Ferguson paints a galling portrait of an unfettered financial system run amok -- without accountability. Actor Matt Damon narrates."

This film will enlighten and infuriate
Anything of a political nature that Matt Damon iaffilated with causes me to pause. this guy is left of Obama.

Bottome line is that Democrats from Jimmy Carter to bill clinton and finally Barney Frank and Senator Dodd opened the door that allowed undocumented and unqualified loans to be given to people who could never repay them. I do blame the Fed and i do blame bush for not acting on this when he knew it was a disaster waiting to happen.

The real tradegy here is that this same recklessness continues via Fannie, Freddie, Ginnie and the FHA