View Single Post

Old 07-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
Well if the jury were to somehow believe that Casey chloroformed Caylee and taped her mouth to keep her from crying out while she partied and Casey suffocated or died from a chloroform overdose, they could still convict her of felony murder because Caylee died from Casey’s reckless endangerment of a child, which is felony murder and eligible for the death penalty.

And per Judge Perry’s instructions to the jury today, they need not all agree on whether it’s premeditated or felony murder to reach a guilty verdict.
Didn't the judge say in the charge to the jury that in order for it to be felony murder that it would have to be done by someone who would reasonably expect grave harm or even death might result in that action? Everything presented by both sides has shown that she is anything but reasonable. Her actions for years prove that.

I don't think this jury is going to do anything to risk a new trial or reversal or will Judge Perry. No way is she walking and no way do I see her getting even a light sentence. But again, who knows?

There are several things to remember:

The jury has not been involved in discussions.
The jury has not been exposed to media hype.
They have not listened to any outside opinions from other lawyers and judges.
The jury was out of the courtroom for much of the trial.
This is a lot of stuff that they will never hear until this is over and they are excused.
They only get one shot at their verdict and it cannot be changed when they are excused and "catch up" on what they didn't see, hear, or read.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."