View Single Post

Old 07-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Just asking.....

Have most of these cart accidents been caused by underage children driving them? I wonder.

When I first moved here in 2002, I mentioned to hubby that, "can you imagine the massive traffic that would be on these roads if we didn't have the golf-cart paths? At that time I thought that the golf carts were so safe and must have cut down on auto accidents.

Since the massive buildout site of Rte 466 South, there seem to be more cart accidents which I suppose is due to the increase in population. What can we do to alleviate these accidents? How much control do the authorities have over the cart drivers?

It's come to pass that I fear when my husband takes the cart, as there is really no protection with this vehicle. You're at the mercy of anyone and everyone.

I would like to see a ruling of NO GOLF CARTS on streets and if necessary build more cart paths. Doubt that's possible, but just a thought.

Finally, we do have to contend with commercial vehicles who are threatening the safety of many, since I notice that most disregard the rules of the road most of the times.

Just sayin'......

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney