View Single Post

Old 07-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumb View Post
I have had poor luck with pest and fertilize companys I am trying to find someone who is an owner operator do to my lawn and one that doesn't do mowing because they do great untill the rain comes then they can't never seem to keep up with both and the weeds bugs and fungis get out of control. I am using bill right now for my grass cutting and he is trying to help me find a lawn spray guy because my health just wont let me do it. but he has helped alot with this same problem he told me the problem with the big pest companys is the guys on the truck just have to ride with a guy for a couple of weeks then he gets his own route well i have been trying to figure this stuff out for years and it isnt nothing like IL. I was a real green thumb there I think i am going to have to change my handle here lol.
My dad could grow ANYTHING in Ohio but when he moved to Florida, not so much. I have a dear friend, mother to one of the TOTV'rs here who is almost 100 and still planting and growing at her home in Amelia. She says that she was taught to plant by the light of the moon and other such things that work in Ohio.

I am anxious to try my hand at a few things, but KNOW that growing tomatoes will be disappointing.

It is still fun to putter in the dirt.