View Single Post

Old 07-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

C'mon Villagers -- nobody has mentioned Happy Gilmore yet. Laugh out loud about golf.

Another one of my favorite silly movies is Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy......set in the 70's......

And you gotta love those clothes we wore in the 70's.....

Fond memories of those 70's clothes.......

I remember being at Busch Gardens in the 70's, with my daughter, Boomette, in her stroller.

I was wearing a hideous (in retrospect) polyester pants suit, garishly patterned. The pants had such a lovely flow to them. I was quite an overall vision of loveliness, complete with my shag haircut. (my favorite haircut ever -- seriously)

We were in some kind of petting zoo area or whatever. AND THEN I was ambushed by a goat, a goat. (The 4-legged kind -- not the 2-legged version that used to chase us girls around desks back in those days. I knew how to get away from that kind of goat.)

So anyway, the Busch Gardens goat got a vise-grip hold on my bell-bottoms and thought slick, shiny polyester was some kind of gourmet treat for goats. I did not think I would ever escape.

Moral of the story: Never wear a hideous polyester pants suit to a petting zoo. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Uh oh......I am digressing again.....

Qiana Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-06-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Typo