View Single Post

Old 07-05-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyn View Post
We have kenneled our three "babies" many, many times at the Village Pet Spa and we have NEVER had anything but praise for the owners/helpers.
Our pets are well taken care of; groomed and loved by all of the staff.
Sorry you had a bad experience with them but sometimes pets work themselves into illness because they miss their owners so much. Our dog Biskit is a nervous dog but she loves going back there. As do Sophie and Molly. We just wanted to write and tell others their dogs are safe going there. And yes to comments about their place being for sale-Nancy has been doing this for over 40 yrs-maybe she'd like to retire like the rest of us.
I understand that there are many things that can affect the health of our pets but none are as devastating as the gross negelct that, in my opinion, my dog experienced at this facility. Please look at the attached pictures...the extent of the infection is so evident that even the most inexperienced person would know that something was seriously wrong. I cannot understand why an experienced and responsible facility wouldn't take immediate action to address something of this nature...especially when I had provided them with written authorization to provide medical attention up to, and including, contacting my vet (who was aware that the dogs were being boarded and was willing to treat them anywhere). I disagree with your statement that "dogs are safe going there"...I think one look at the attached pictures are self explanatory - a responsible facility does not allow a dogs health to deteriorate without taking some type of corrective action. Please keep in mind that not only was no medical attention provided but I was never notified that there was any problem.

Our vet is still treating my dog and he is steadily improving...but not yet completely recovered. And the expense is just off the charts!

Last edited by tomkat; 08-16-2011 at 03:31 PM.