View Single Post

Old 07-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Sage

I'd like to add some perspective to Larry W's comments...please note that much of the drama he speaks of has to do with ADVANCED softball leagues and advanced volleyball. I'm sure similar issues occur with advanced Pickleball, tennis, mahjong, cycling etc. Advanced players tend to be more competitive and sometimes ( not always) not so tolerant of newbies to these activities.

The key is for any sport/activity participant to find a group appropriate for your level of play.

Some of the recent comments made in this thread might discourage prospective residents from trying new sports/activities ... And that would be a shame. I know of several guys who have gone through the softball tryouts and been placed on appropriate level teams as they embark on their Villages softball adventures. I play in a friendly intermediate open Pickleball group that is very welcoming to new folks.

I don't deny some of the things Larry describes could happen, it's just not as rampant as his comments might imply. At least IMHO.