View Single Post

Old 07-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Sage

I like the fact that we're hearing some negative comments as well as positive ones. It's true that life is what you make it. But The Villages isn't for everyone. I don't think people with honest, negative opinions should be discouraged from expressing them.

I've lived in two resale communities in TV. It takes a while to fit into the existing neighborhood, but it will happen if you remain positive and are friendly to everyone. There are always new people buying resales and moving into the neighbourhood looking for friends. Most neighbourhoods seem to have a monthly street party. The pool is a great place to meet new friends. With regard to joining teams, whether sports, cards, or other --- it may take you a few months to get comfortable and fit in. If you meet someone grumpy one day, the next day you'll meet someone warm and wonderful! Sure there are some cliques in TV. But there are also tons of people wanting to make new friends. The key is having patience.

Deviating from topic, I think that nurses are angels. They do crummy jobs that most of us wouldn't want to do, usually with empathy, grace and humor. Thank you Russ.