View Single Post

Old 07-09-2011, 06:08 AM

Well, put, Uptown Girl. We have a large courtyard, which was quite modestly landscaped when we purchased it. Since pickup trucks, and tools were in PA, and we lack all knowledge regarding Florida plants, it was absolutely necessary to hire a landscaper. We were delighted with the services of Stellar Residential Residential Services.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Hi grrr rex!
That's kind of like saying, "Why would one want frosting on a Birthday Cake?"
(I'm just being a kid this morning! )
Actually, TV does a very good job of making the landscaping more than presentable on a new CYV... and yes, the space out front is modest. (Back yards vary in size however, and some are quite abundant in space, therefore have more landscaping) They do vary the plantings from house to house, which I think is thoughtful and don't skimp on the number of plants at all.

But, some of us have preferences for this or that, and as CYV's are purchased from existing inventory, the owners make their changes afterwards.

As an example, one of our neighbors has pooches that nibble greenery on occasion and they had a number of holly bushes around their villa. Holly berries can be very toxic to dogs, so they had a landscaper come and replace them with something friendlier to their pets.
Everyone in TV is responsible for taking care of their own grounds... mowing, pruning, watering, etc. Some do it all themselves, some use landscaping services of their choosing.

That's one of the things I love here. I have previously lived in townhouse associations where all was done for me, not by knowledgeable landscapers, but done by the guy giving the lowest bid. There are many doofuses out there
who think they're landscapers.
Anyway, I see you are new to the forum, so let me extend a welcome to you!
You'll enjoy it here!