View Single Post

Old 07-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rismom26 View Post
By the way, I don't happen to love the Villages. Too many things have to be redone, due to shortsightedness on the part of the powers that be. My husband's health is much better here, mine is worse, no stairs for built-in excerise, no reasonable destination to walk to & I don't play golf.
I am sorry you don't like it here. I am wondering what things have to be redone, I am so taken with this place.

We arrived early Saturday morning, have moved into our rental and our new home already has the walls up.. We are ready to be year 'rounders here.

I guess it depends if shopping is the only reasonable destination. I could walk to Colony if I wanted to walk that far from our recent home in Hadley. They had art classes there that I enjoyed. It makes me sad to hear that someone is "stuck" in a place that is not right for them.

Do you have allergies Rismom? I do, and they are much worse here. I need to see if I can start taking desensitation shots really soon.

I guess there are ups and downs to anyplace, even this place that in my mind is "lower Paradise". (Pturners apt description).