View Single Post

Old 07-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERALDINE View Post
Larry:

It's hard to be "negative" about TV, it does have a lot of amenities, etc...but be aware that if it looks too good to be true...it probably is. Everything is not really as it appears and once you live here you find that out...but by then it's too late. The concept is good, and for the most part the people are friendly and fun loving, but like any community there are a lot of "BRATS".

My main complaint is that, unless you can afford to live in a Premiere home...it gets really boring...really quick...to drive down your street and see the SAME house after house, after house. You begin to feel like you're living in a post WWII housing project. This gets very depressing. You can even begin to tell who used what landscaper because they replicate the same plan and the same plants. It's depressing after a few years because there's not much you can do to change your house or your neighborhood. Hope you're RICH and can afford a custom designed Premiere home!!!!
I live in a neighborhood in Michigan right now that has many, many different styles of homes...each on beautiful, green, treed acreage..Only problem is, I NEVER see a single neighbor!! If they are ever outside, they are in their backyards. One of the many things that I loved about TV was the fact that, finally, I could be in a real neighborhood. Some people don't like living close to others and that is fine..don't. If you look at most of the subdivisions in the country and then take in the townhouses in the cities and the condos, you will find that TV is not the only homogenous place around...many people live in much closer quarters than you find in TV. If the landscaping is duplicated it's usually because it is beautiful to look at! Personally, I can't wait to get there!!!