View Single Post

Old 07-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rismom26 View Post
By the way, I don't happen to love the Villages. Too many things have to be redone, due to shortsightedness on the part of the powers that be. My husband's health is much better here, mine is worse, no stairs for built-in excerise, no reasonable destination to walk to & I don't play golf.
In regards to no stairs, I agree with you so long as there is an alternative access for those of us in wheel chairs and mobility scooters.

In addition to that, It saddens me to a degree when there is not enough room to bring my mobility scooter into stores with narrow paths. However, I just suck it up and don't complain as the presentation of merchandise at it's max is what helps keep some in sufficient sales to thrive, or even just survive.

As for the rest of what you stated, There are plenty of paths for carts, scooters, cyclists as well as walkers. You also can't have stores in all villages as your statement would seem to suggest. They simply would not survive with the individual lack of demographics and excess of competition. So I'll just have to respectfully disagree even though I thank you for expressing your feelings. They're good points to ponder and/or discuss!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"