View Single Post

Old 07-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
The "Investment Education Club" has dividend investing subject coming up in July.
I love the idea of an investment club called the "Investment Education Club." We were in TV for a short time last winter and I attended one of the meetings. I would have attended more of them, but we had to return home much sooner than we had planned. If I were there now, I would certainly not have missed the one on dividends......oh well......maybe next time.

I don't know if investment psychology will ever come up as a topic for your meeting, but if any of you have an interest in the psychology of investing -- like I do, you might like a book that was recently published. I just started reading it. The author is Louann Lofton who works for Motley Fool. The book is Warren Buffett Invests Like A Girl. It's fun to read.

On a very serious note -- not fun to read at all -- I just finished an article in the August issue of Money magazine titled "Keep the Sharks at Bay." It is part 3 of a series "Protecting Your Parents." It says that seniors lost nearly 3 billion dollars, last year, to financial predators. The article is excellent but really sad.

I hope you do not feel like I came in here and gave everybody homework. The book is a suggested reading if investment psychology is an interest. The article in this month's Money -- well.......that one oughta be required reading for everybody. Warning: It is scary as hell.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-21-2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: typo