View Single Post

Old 07-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
I don't like that the fact that Amenities fees are tied to CPI. Last 12 month's Consumer Price Index and my monthly amenities fee increase was + 3.6%.

This is especially upsetting because there have been no corresponding increases in Social Security Benefits and I haven't seen a single COLA increase in my pension ever. Can't seem to rationalize this, when considering what top execs from my former employer and federal workers have received in past few years.
Let me see if I get this right. TV district government should increase the amenities fee according to how much our former or current employers and federal government have or have not increased our income?

Our amenities fee increased by $3.00 per month this year. What we get for the $138/month is beyond imagination in any other consumer expense on recreation/entertainment......especially considering the cost of golf in any other venue.

In comparison, the price of gasoline has increased by $2 per gallon over various periods of months/years recently. For example, let's say that $1 of that increase occurred in the last year.....my car holds 13 gallons, and I fill up twice a month. That is a price increase of $13 per tank, or $26 per month this fiscal year hypothetically.

Considering the massive operating costs of operating TV, that $3 per month on the amenities fee is a bargain!!

And, the lament above about no COLA increase is exactly why we should not want to be totally dependent on government, former employers, and perpetually-campaigning politicians and their appointees managing and investing our retirement funds.