View Single Post

Old 07-25-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Could you expand on your decision to add "pocket sliders" ... did the home not already have sliders? Also, regarding the "mini-split" heat pump ... what is this? Is this totally separate from your main HVAC? TIA,

John
John
I started another thread asking for manufacturers and installers for ductless ac units which are totally separate from your main heat/ac unit. They were developed to add ac to buildings that do not have duct work mainly in Europe and Asia. If you go to the Golf Course starter shacks in The Villages you will see the units hanging on the wall on the inside, no duct work with the compressor outside on the ground, we extended our main ac/heat to our enclosed sun room but I am not happy with the result. The ductless units are sold as ac only and others are both ac and heating. You turn them on only when you need them and they come with a remote and are quiet. I owned a house with a Sanyo and did not like the unit nearly as much as the Mitsubishi my brother has. I asked anyone for positive remarks from local installers, I have used Munns for our heating and ac and will give them a call to get a price. Hope this helps.