View Single Post

Old 07-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoadie View Post
The IRS mission is to collect taxes, and if they determine that the bonds sold were not eligible for tax free status, it seems to me that their recourse is against the buyers of the bonds that did not pay taxes on the interest earned. If that came to pass, the bond buyers would then sue the bond sellers to recover their losses. That would be a very long lawsuit, and would draw in all the players that had a hand in creating and marketing the tax free bonds, including the developer, bankers, accountants and investment advisers. If it was found that the VCDD acted in good faith in selling the bonds, they would be the least culpable in this cast of characters.

Anyway, that's the way I see it.
That would be my understanding of the issues as well. We do have people on this forum who have given their professional opinion on the bonds since that is what they do (did) for a living. Please search past posts on this issue and you'll see all sides and opinions.

It would actually be in the best interest of all current TV homeowners to get this issue settled sooner than later. That way the developer has more of a stake while there are still many thousands of homes to sell. But either way I would think the average homeowner in TV will be minimally affected if at all. But what the heck do I know