View Single Post

Old 07-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Default Identification when Out and About

Some posters have mentioned that they do not always have ID when they are out and about in their carts or walking. My Hubby and I have solved that. he rides a bike a lot and wears an Identification bracelet, like the stretchy ones for cancer awareness. His actually has a clasp on the strap for easily removing if needed. I have two, one attached to my shoe strings over th tongue of the shoe and also the bracelet kind and they also make military style dog tags, (and a tag for your canine dogs collar). The great thing about these Road ID's is that they also have your medical history stored online just a phone call away for the first responder. They also work great for parents who might suffer from demensia and might wonder off. Id is usually with them.

And yes I do usually have a purse or wallet with me, but if it gets thrown out of a vehicle, car or golf cart, or gets under the seat, or stolen, then it is useless. And My mother carries her medical info in her purse, but that might not be the first place for a first responder to look (in the envelope with all her receipts) for medical info. So she has a bracelet that she sometimes wears. Sometimes is better than never I guess. but it is usually in her purse or attached to the strap.

The Website for Road ID is
http://www.roadid.com/Common/Catalog.aspx?C=RoadID#42

If this appeals to you check it out, if it doesn't check it out anyway. We wear ours around The Villages, on trips ( I travel alone alot), kayaking, boating, walking, just about everything we do. At minimue it has a contact name nd phone number readily visible.

And don't forget the ICE for your phone.....In Case of Emergency. Open your contacts and create a name called ICE... then list your family names and number here so they have that if they have your phone. Enter several names and numbers. First responders look for both of these forms of information in an emergency.

Take a look. Might save a life!!!