View Single Post

Old 08-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8tpw View Post
Gee, this is a great thread - got me in the mood I'll tell you. Had planned to do Treasure Island on St Pete Beach next week, but wife's recuperation from hospital stay put that on hold. Last time we were there she was strolling the beach, as big and pregnant as a whale - summer 1962. Spoke with a lady at the travel-spo last week from the adjoining hotel we stayed at then, The Thunderbird, so we'd planned to do one of those. The mention above of Courtney Campbell Causeway brought back memories of weekend visits there when we were at MacDill AFB and that was all we could afford. Things change.... Busch Gardens was free thern.... consisted of a few dozen parrots, some palm trees and a free beer at the brewery...... Times do change.....

Thanks again for the thread, I made notes....
That's funny..you brought back some memories too..I stayed at the Thunderbird once..had fun. We usually rented a condo in Madiera Beach, right across the street from John's Pass...the kids loved it. There is public parking there to allow access to the beach if you're not staying in a condo. I can't wait to move to TV so we can spend time exploring all Florida has to offer. Take care!