View Single Post

Old 08-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Carolyn View Post
Oh boy. I'm spoiled then. I currently live in Northern Va and purchased a home in Pennecamp in March - to which my wife and I will make a triumphant migration in Jan 2013!

In VA I have Verizon FIOS, which is awesome! I had DTV for years because it had better HD and Sunday NFL ticket, but, I switched to FIOS when it became available because the picture is better and I have had 0 service disruptions in 3 years. Internet is hyperfast compared to what ya'll are talking about (I have the new 35mb FIOS Internet).

I read the 1.5mb speed and almost stroked out -you have to be kidding. I'm an IT Security professional, so I know a good bit about networks and achievable speeds and these speeds of 6 & 1.5 sound almost archaic to my ears.

Anyway , I guess I'll have a big adjustment to make when I come down. *sigh*
Don't worry I don't think you'd gag on Comcast's top speed. Do a search on this site and you'll see that some have posted speed numbers that will suit your needs. I know here in MA I get Comcast speeds of 17 (down) and 6 (up). I would think FL Comcast would be no different. Not quite true fiber speed like FIOS but good enough for 99.99% of all apps.