View Single Post

Old 08-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
Moved here long before TOTV. Easiest way to make friends is go to what interests you. I have golf friends, volleyball friends, baseball friends, church friends, pool friends, basketball friends, gym friends and live in a very close neighborhood full of friends. Probably one of the best places to make friends is to volunteer. Many more friends than I can keep up with and the one reason I really like it here.
That being said, there are unfriendly neighborhoods and cliques trying to take over some pools, clubs boards etc. I highly recommend you knock on doors and check out neighborhoods and hang with people who make you feel good and share your interests. There are neighborhoods that get together once a week and neighborhoods that are very cold.
Don't anybody feel that totv is the best or only way to make friends. This board actually has a history of a clique. Read the posts on" Enough." In this group, many were banned and started their own board. I believe their board didn't last. I also believe most are back on here with new names.
So I say to each- you have a right to post -your experiences and opinions are just as valid as any ones. I had Gracie mock me with the help of her friends and Russ tell me I was wrong. I decided right then that I would not accept chastisement from these people. My biggest strength Is not letting others decide my feelings. I volunteer alot and that's what makes me feel good, along with some Gold in Senior games and many real face to face friends. So message is...Everyone has a right to their experiences and opinions. Now off to one of my volunteer groups and a total detachment from people who have judged me on here. Don't worry-it is easy to make face to face friends who share your interests here.
Larry. I have sent you a P.M. asking you to share where it was that I mocked you. (This is the SECOND time you have said that) I stood for Russ when you and he were fussing about baseball try outs.

I said something like...I think the world of you Russ. But I didn't say anything that I remember that was mocking and if I did I owe you an apology.

I just went back and read pages of my posts, and heavens knows I post a lot...and the only thing I can find is that post where I said I just love ya Russ Boston...in the middle of your disagreement with him about softball try-outs. I really believe that you have me mixed up with someone else in your mind.

After I sent the P.M. I decided to ask you what I said that was mocking.

I have feelings too. But, I am often wrong and if I am I owe you an apology.

Gracie