View Single Post

Old 08-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Default quality

The wife and I looked at both Yesteryear and Streetrod carts over the past two days and I think the Streetrod is a far better quality vehicle. Not only is the craftsmenship better but the components seem to be much better in the Streetrod than in the Yesteryear cart. There was, as has been mentioned in previous posts, a difference in price between the two...but not significantly so considering that Streetrod seems to have the better cart. There was only about a four thousand dollar difference between similarily equiped carts.

We're leaning towards the Streetrod but they don't accept trade-ins where The Villages Golf Cart Store does. The Villages offered us six thousand dollars for our trade in (a 2009 Yamaha electric cart, black body with gold pin stripping, under carriage lights, overhead storage bin, wood grain dash, high speed gear, windhsield screen, big tires with mag wheels...the cart is just about fully loaded and looks/operates like a new cart). I think the offered price is the wholesale value of the cart and we're considering selling it privately.

Any suggestions on how to sell our cart? I think six thousand five hundred dollars would be a fair asking price...any suggestions/opinions regarding price and how to sell would be greatly appreciated.

"live well, love much, laugh often"