Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Gold member

I know 3 women who had full face lifts. On two of them, I really didn't notice a whole lot of difference. They were somewhere in their 50s. Honestly, I could only tell a small difference, and one said if she had had any idea of the amount of pain involved, she never would have done it.

The 3rd one just looked totally different. She was also in her 50s. She was not a close friend that I saw every day, but I did see her across the table at cards or at social things occasionally, probably once a month or so. Then I moved to a different city and didn't see her for a year or so, during which she had her face lift. I did not recognize her the next time I saw her - she looked that different! She was a person who had very delicate, redhead-type skin that was more than usually wrinkled for her age (early 50s). She fixed that, but it took everyone a while to get used to her new appearance. I will see her next week for 2 solid days, and she's not shy talking about it, so I'll report back if I get any new info.

Then of course, there was the write (Olivia something)? I think the one who wrote First Wives' Club. She died, remember? Surgery always has risks. I guess if you can afford botox and/or fillers, it's safer, but there are still sensational stories about failed procedures.