Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Platinum member
Default I tried it

My dermatologist offered it, and used it herself. She had lots of curly lashes and used no mascara. (she was a very attractive, young black woman)

I gave it a go. My results were:
Individual lashes grew long, but not with any symmetry. Some sprouted above my lash line, some got much longer than others and looked odd. (They recommend use on top lashes only. I can see why.) Applying mascara (which I still felt I needed) became a daily adventure. It wasn't easy making them look 'not weird'.

The brushes that come with the liquid are awful... makes it very hard to be precise. (You are instructed to use a fresh brush each time) For the cost of the liquid( mine was $125 a pop @ Costco pharmacy) I would have gladly paid an extra $10 to have decent brushes.

My lash line skin began to stain to a darker color where the liquid touched it. It was not a precise line, as you re-apply the liquid daily. Soon it looked like I hadn't gotten old makeup off completely. (That did dissipate a few months after I discontinued use.)

My eyes are brown, but I began to see them get darker beneath the lash line. I am told that does not go away. That's when I stopped. I used the product for three courses.... however many weeks that covers.

i haven't mentioned itchiness, but had that too, low level, but continual. Looking back on it now, it was NOT worth the expense, side effects or diligence of application. I was kind of relieved when my lashes started to LOOK like my own lashes again. Looking back on it now..... I think I was goofier than batsh*t to do such a thing. I was newly in love at the time.
If I had that money to spend over again on a luxury, I'd spend it on massage, pamper myself THAT way, and live happily ever after.