View Single Post

Old 08-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
I agree - but our front windows are blocked by landscaping so I hope they can see the number on our lamppost.

I did take the numbers off of our first house here. Here is my recommendation:

1. Someone recommended rubbing alcohol. I recommend Jack Daniels, you will need it to calm yourself after hours of frustration trying to get those numbers off the window.

2. You will need some tools to do the job. Safety goggles, gloves, a hammer, a phone book. Forget any chemicals, just keep the JD handy.

3. Put on the safety goggles and gloves. Have a drink of JD. Pick up the hammer. Smash the window. Pick up the phone book. Look in the yellow pages for Window Replacements. Have another JD while you watch them replace the window.

4. Now you have a nice clean window, guaranteed to have no residue from those sticky numbers.

Or, you could leave them on there and close your blinds. (That way your neighbors can't be looking in as you finish off that JD.)
I'm leaving the numbers on my window but I thought the above advice which was posted over a year ago to be the easiest way of getting the job done.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.