View Single Post

Old 08-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Default Landscaping nightmares...

My husband and I have owned a home in TV for 2 years but are not living in it full time as I am not retired yet. That has given us an opportunity to get some work done to the home before we move in. We have recently made a MAJOR renovation to the lanai area and added a pool. The contractor did not finish on time but the work was excellent and we were very pleased. That also goes for many of the other projects we paid contractors to do such as painting, electrical etc. However, when it comes to landscaping this industry seems to be very difficult to deal with. One specific person threw a hissy fit on us, slammed his book our table, cursed us, kicked our bar and slammed our front door on the way out for no apparent reason. What a lunatic! Other landscapers came to our home and never returned phone calls. I have heard horror story after horror story about the landscapers who do business in TV. Also I have noticed that a poster may recommend a particular company and then come to realize that it is their first and only post. How convenient!

What makes this industry so very different from all the other very competent, dependable contractors in TV?

If any one has pictures they would like to share with me, I would appreciate it! Thanks much.