View Single Post

Old 08-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Veteran member

I have lived in The Villages for 13 years and I wear my long, black slacks all year. I find many of the restaurants and doctor's offices to be too cold for capris. That's just me. I keep a knit, casual jacket/sweater in my car and it feels good when I go shopping or out to eat. I think that the longer we live here the less we can tolerate the cold. December can be raw and uncomfortable at times. A heavier lined windbreaker will be what you need while riding in a golf cart on those colder days and THAT may not be enough unless you have layers on under that. I also wear windpants on those colder days when I play golf. The wind in Florida seems more damp and it can cut to the bone. Fleece is nice and it is lightweight but it will not stop the wind. You will have many, many beautiful days during those three months but this part of Florida is not tropical. Many shrubs and trees have been lost to cold December frosts and freezes. Come prepared and you will enjoy your stay. Come unprepared and you will find yourself shopping for warmer clothes! I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have enjoyed living here.