View Single Post

Old 08-25-2011, 12:38 PM

last Sat (8/20) we ate at Tierra del Sol with neighbors - none of us had a good meal (miedocore at best for some of the meals - I could not cut my husband's veal (veal parmagnia) - it was one of the specials. We arrived at 6:20 and didn't leave until 8:50 - It took over ½ hour to be seated (at a table that was empty the whole time) - drinks came after another ½ to 3/4 hour - I had to ask twice for water. My husband ordered a glass of wine when his salad came - it was delivered when we were finished eating. The waiter asked if we wanted the piece of veal wrapped & I told him that I couldn't cut it so no. One would think that the chef or manager would have been summoned after that comment - but I guess not. I asked the waiter if they were short staffed and he said no (you would think that he should know good service ='s tips - but I guess not). The music was good - but way too loud. We knew nother group that got there shortly before us (they were seated after us) - they said their met was ok but the potatoes were lousy. Not a cheap dinner & it was the worst dinner we've had in The Villages since getting here in April. I will not be in any hurry to go there again.