View Single Post

Old 08-30-2011, 11:48 AM

When you arrive in TV you'll have to have faith. Remember that we are under the protection of The Great Bubble. It encapsulates us and keeps the major storms away (for the most part). I don't know anyone who has hurricane shutters here in TV. A couple of years ago I was at our annual emergency preparedness open house and I specifically asked a captain of our emergency response teams about where to go in the event of an approaching storm. She asked me if I lived in a manufactured home and I replied that I had a new ranch home south of 466. She immediately said "just stay where you are", remove any possible flying objects from around your home or in your lanai. Other than that these houses have been constructed to the highest hurricane standards and are the safest place to be, away from windows that is. She also commented that TV is where people in the smaller communities of northern Sumter County will be coming for possible protection (all roads lead to TV). So, I don't think you need worry about the expense or hassle of hurricane shutters. Save the $$$ and go out for dinner at some of our fine restaurants. Welcome!