View Single Post

Old 08-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
I've been doing some research between the 2 preferred care plans. It looks like with the point of service plan, I can have my annual visit to Moffitt. May have to pay a little more, but this should more than be covered by the fact my ss part B will be given back to me
Just a thought: The main reason we are switching from the Advantage Plan to the Gold Plan is because of the possibility down the road that we might need chemo drugs. I am a 10-year breast cancer survivor and my husband is now 14 months out from prostate cancer surgery. At this point we are both doing fine. BUT, I started thinking about the "what-ifs" and decided to take a closer look at the coverage for chemo drugs, should we ever need them. The Advantage plan pays 80% of the cost of these drugs where the Gold plan pays 100%. I know that a 20% co-pay, if I stay with the Advantage plan could be a lot of $$$, as these drugs can be very expensive. For us, the peace of mind will outweigh the Medicare Part B premiums that we will start paying again, come January.