View Single Post

Old 09-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Default Wildwood et. al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Do not be offended,Just common sense. I feel safer here at 2am then in Wildwood, Clevland, or Detroit for that matter.You do not like my remarks fine. Do not be so sensitive. Just the facts thats all.
Several years ago when our daughters were high school age my husband and I sacrificed in order to send them to private catholic academies just outside of Philadelphia where we lived. We honestly believed they would get a better education in a suburban school district. We found that the girls from the burbs were very wary of our kids. They had preconceived ideas of "city girls" that were very hard to overcome. Needless to say my children had a hard way to go. They had to deal with stereotypes on a daily basis.

Having said that it should also be noted that Holland Pennsylvania does in no way have the crime that Philadelphia has or had. Given the choice of walking at 2am in Holland or 2am anywhere in Philadelphia, I would have to say I would prefer to be in Holland . . . it is no reflection on the people who live in Philly. It is more a statement of a few bad apples making it hard for the whole bunch. You never hear about the people who make life better for others, the bad apples get all the attention. That's the rub!