View Single Post

Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI, Livonia, Ann Arbor, Fairbanks AK. Last stop to be TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakel View Post
I found a way to use my Verizon android based smart phone to tether my laptop using pdanet...worked decent while I was visiting The Villages last week. Not fast like cable, and it was a little tricky, but it is portable, and works wherever you can get phone service. There is a yearly charge, you can check the website, I was using the free trial period, and am now back on Comcast at home. Hope to drop High speed modem and the high costs, and be portable.
Just a caution, and slightly off topic for this thread, but... the carriers, (verizon especially) are really trying to crack down on tethering. They want you to buy the data package. You might get by if you keep the data use at a low level as it might not trigger their 'flags'. Personally I think that since I have purchased a data package with my phone, it is irrelevant whether I choose to 'display' it on a phone or a laptop , but verizon doesn't see it that way.

You can't laugh at the same things again and again, but why do you keep crying over the same things again and again
"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade"
Personally, I'll go for a Tom Collins.