Thread: Cortisone Shots
View Single Post

Old 10-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTTPF View Post
Cortizone is a temporary fix at best. My Dr at the Cleveland Clinic said never let anyone give you more than 2 cortizone shots for the same area. The cortizone destroys the tendons and ligiments with to much useage. Then you can have big time problems. I had both shoulders repaired along with a torn labrum. I won't have a cortizone unless there is no other option. If you need them for pain by all means do it, just be aware of continual usage.
Thanks for the info but maybe I need to update what did work for me.

A month after the cortisone shot, he precribed Diclofenac Sodium.

The pain started to subsidize right away, I took that for almost two months and the pain went away. I still left ten pills in case there is a sudden flare-up until I can get an appointment assuming I need to go back to him.

I believe the injury is caused by the eliptical cross trainer as I have not lifted weights in over a year. I originally thought it was because of lifting weights.

I still feel some slight discomfort lately and if I need to go back, I will insists on getting an exact diagnoses instead of it could be bursitis, sciatica or tendinitis. He never did any test to determine an exact cause because he thought it wasn't significant enough for a MRI.

If he was in the pain I was in, maybe he would have thought differently.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).

Last edited by 2BNTV; 10-01-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling