Thread: TV Demographics
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrdr View Post
I was reading somewhere that talked about the demographics of TV. One statistic i read was in regard to the Average Income of all residents. It stated that the Average Income was ~$93,000 / Yr.

Is that correct? If that is the case, I am looking at the wrong place to retire. We are by no means paupers with a retirement income ~%60,000/ Yr. We will be down for PV in a few weeks but maybe I should be looking at other options.

Can someone please comment on this statistic.
I think that sounds pretty high. An average can be misleading...if you have 100 people at $60,000 and one or two with 15 million income, an average is not an accurate picture. A median income figure would be closer to the truth ie: where 50% is above and 50% is below. ANYWAY...I think you can live perfectly well on $60,000 a year provided you don't have a huge mortgage.

I find food costs are very high here, but utilities are not that bad and Direct TV is about the same. There is so much to do here, your entertainment costs can be almost zero.

Come on down and take a look...