View Single Post

Old 10-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Gold member
Default Thin?

Thin, you say? I remember that. I think. It's been so long . . . now I remember - it was after I moved (ex-husband got a new job in a new state after being downsized) with 2 little kids, and had to get a mortgage at 17% interest - must have been about 1981. I "mis-remembered" - I was thin again for about 1 year after my divorce - not recommended for weight loss, however, although it worked for me.

I looked good, though.

To get back on point, I tried the Atkins diet once - in my 20s - when I thought I was a little overweight (hah - little did I know), and lasted about 2 weeks. I got dizzy, weak, and had bad breath. I did lose a few pounds, but had to question whether it was worth it and whether it was sustainable (obviously not) and if this is really a healthy diet. I decided not.

My sort-of stepson (my SO's son) went on the "Cave-Man diet," pretty much the Atkins diet except it allowed fruit. (You could eat everything that would or might have been available to a Cave-Man, had he had seasonal fruits and vegetables Fed-Exed). He came to the same conclusion I did from the Atkins diet - felt weak and not healthy. He is a former Marine who runs for fun (?) with a 50 lb. pack just because. No way he needs any kind of diet at this point in his life.