View Single Post

Old 11-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
Ye who have no sin cast the first stone.

Joe Pa IS Penn State so any conflict that needs headlines will involve him.

Anybody know the heirarchy of University Security? There is protocol and only higher ups may involve outside agencies at their discretion. So some body comes to you and says they saw something happen as it relates to a previous employee. Protocol dictates that I report this to higher authorities in the chain of command, which he did. They investigate it and take control. Follow up? With all the othr responsibilities you think I have time to follow up?

Everybody is treating this as if Joe SAW the event and did nothing.... You make it sound like he did it NOT a former coach years removed. It IS horrific what happened but to tarnish a man for doing what he is instructed to do and follow the chain of command on hearsay, well you all have got it wrong!

Many other horrors were witnessed and not reported in Corporate and in the military ... That'sno excuse but it happens......

Hedoman,

You may be right on this one too. You are always fair and accurate...but..

I was under the impression that in the last ten years or so that all suspected child abuse seen by teachers must be reported to law enforcement and not to supervisors. Maybe that is not in all states.

My belief is that Joe Paterno is a fine man. I certainly have no right to cast stones because I am NOT sinless.

But we can't forget the fact that this man, this fine man, this great man, who was a huge hero to hundreds of thousands and deservedly so, had the same responsiblity as a lowly kindergarten teacher like me.

Hedoman. It hurts all of us to see these things happen. I am sorry that I appear self righteous.

And it is possible that he did just exactly what he was supposed to do and worried about it at night and couldn't sleep.

What a terrible, awful mess. What pain for all.