View Single Post

Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Default Bad vet experience

We have been in TV for about a month. Our mini schnauzer hasn't been his usual happy-go-lucky self. We attributed it to the move. As time went on he was no longer interested in eating and and had a couple of accidents (urine) in the house. I took him to Village Vet today. They did lab work. He is very dehydrated. The vet said based on the lab work he suspects a tumor and made an appt for vet hospital in Tampa. Nothing was found on exam. I left there very upset and went on TOTV. I read all the great reviews on Dr. Vance at Mulberry Grove. I called and was able to get in this afternoon. After getting lost I finally made it to the office. This is after leaving my purse at the Villages sales office near Colony Plaza. When I got to Dr. Vance's office they had closed but she stayed to check on my baby. She advised that I get him to the emergency vet in Leesburg for IV fluids. I'm just getting back from there. What a compassionate crew they have. Also Dr. Vance was wonderful. Bailey is now resting comfortably with IV fluids and pain medication.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I would advise anyone looking for a vet to stay away from the Village Vet. The office was not very clean. That should have been my first clue. Dr. Vance at Mulberry Grove was so very compassionate and the office was very clean. I only wish I had checked TOTV RDOG forum sooner and I would have avoided some of the stress and heartache I faced today. Thank you for letting me vent. My husband is up north until Tuesday and I'm feeling pretty alone without my little buddy.