View Single Post

Old 12-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default I'll take a shot fwiw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
1. Is it foolhardy to think we can buy a house in 2012 and then sell it in 4-5 years without sustaining a large net loss?No one knows the answer to that, but my educated guess would be that one would be unlikely to take a large loss in 4-5 years, and more likely could see a gain.
2. If we’re going to purchase a home in 2012, which series do you believe will be in the most demand when we are ready to sell it so we can build or purchase a larger home? From a resale standpoint it would seem a less expensive courtyard villa would be a good bet, though you can find some good turnkey patio villas that should hold their value. The lower outdoor maintenence on the CYV would be desireable for an absentee owner - you might find one with no grass at all.
3. If we decide to purchase in 2012, are we better off looking at new or existing homes? My advice would be existing - given your circumstances you could probably find a turn-key, possibly with no bond, and if you are going to be getting something bigger later on, the location would not be a huge issue.
4. Are there companies in TV that will manage the required maintenance for an absent owner? yes, including redwitch on this site for a homesitter
5. Is this a common practice in TV? (Purchase a home but only use it 3-4 weeks a year) It seems there are quite a few who do that, some of them rent out their homes for parts of the year they are not in TV.
6. Will TV still be building new homes 4-5 years from now? That time frame may be cutting it close.

Any information or perspectives you can supply to us would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone…
Alan