View Single Post

Old 12-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Bringing this topic back from March, as I am also curious about the bond amount on a Patio Villa. ......Also, wondering if there are still different floor plans for the Colony.
I see you bumped this thread I started back in March and never really got your question answered. At that time we were looking at patio villas in Bayport Villas, which is in Buttonwood. Those villas had a bond of $10,000 and we had picked out a Cabot Cove with white cabinets and volume ceiling that was on sale for $140,000. The Cabot Cove comes one of two ways, volume ceilings or low ceilings. The Colony comes with either ceiling and with the option of an inside laundry or garage laundry. They basically just turn the W/D one way or the other and change the wall to make them inside or garage side.

We listed our Baltimore home in May and sold it in one day. We immediately called our agent to put a deposit on our credit card to buy the Cabot Cove. Our salesman informed us that the Savannah CYV's (masonry) were being renamed Bungalow CYV's so they had marked all of them down $6,000. On top of that, Southern Star Villas in Tamarind Grove was being sold out and they marked a Woodlawn CYV (2BR) down another $6,000 so we ended up buying a Woodlawn CYV at $12,000 off. It wasn't that much more than the patio villas we had originally intended to buy and the bond was only $14,000, sometimes all your best laid plans can go a different way.

Last edited by John_W; 12-05-2011 at 06:14 PM.