Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 12-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'm just wondering if any of you gals are on Warfarin pills. This isn't something I like to talk about on the general forum. Somehow it seems more private on Girl Talk. I was thinking about the possibility of getting some botox shots, but I think being on a blood thinner makes that impossible. Which is probably for the best!

I have to be on Warfarin for the next five months, but not for life. I had knee surgery on both knees which went OK. But as a result, I developed blood clots in my lungs and spent 8 days in hospital. Now I have to take warfarin. And have blood tests often (now twice a week).

I hate taking drugs, and especially rat poison, but I guess it's a necessary evil. I'm just wondering if any of you have experience with this drug.
I was on Warfarin and often the generic since I developed blood clots in my lung and leg after my ovarian cancer surgery. Just recently my oncologist suggest that I stop taking the drug. While you're on this blood thinner, one must NEVER undergo any procedure that may cause bleeding.

One can stop taking Warfarin for three days and then have the surgery. Since you're only taking it for a short period of time, my opinion would be to wait on the Botox until you're off the Warfarin.

You could question your blood draw person who does your INR testing 2x/wk.

Good luck....barb1191

ps: I can't imagine that you want to do Botox, you're adorable as is!!!

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney