Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 12-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post
I was on Warfarin and often the generic since I developed blood clots in my lung and leg after my ovarian cancer surgery. Just recently my oncologist suggest that I stop taking the drug. While you're on this blood thinner, one must NEVER undergo any procedure that may cause bleeding.
Good luck....barb1191
ps: I can't imagine that you want to do Botox, you're adorable as is!!!
Hi Barb .... Thanks for the info! How long did you take warfarin? I can't help feeling there is something unhealthy about ingesting rat poison. But I guess it saves lives! Did you have any side effects? I have less energy than before my knee surgeries, but perhaps that's a normal reaction, while I'm still recovering. My blood clots started in my legs and moved to my lungs. Did you have your INR levels checked twice a week through blood tests. When you had blood clots in your lungs, were they painful?

I've been told I'll be on Warfarin for six months. I've decided that taking blood thinners is way more important for me right now than having any vanity procedures. Even tho I see my grandmother when I look in the mirror!