View Single Post

Old 12-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Villages PL:

While it's true we should consume a healthy diet and use moderation in quantity, there are plenty of people I've known who do lead an exceptionally healthy lifestyle that includes "health foods only" and rigorous exercise, and they still got , cancer, heart disease, diabetes, MS, and other dreaded diseases. Some people, like Christopher Reeve's wife, have gotten lung cancer even though they never smoked.

Let's not condescend to victims of these diseases by implying they "self-inflicted it" with their dietary intake or overeating.
You must know a lot of people if you know people who ate "health foods only" and they got cancer, heart disease, diabetes, MS, and other dreaded diseases. Wow! How come I never meet any of these people? I'm 70 years old, I've been interested in health and nutrition for several decades and I have never met even one such person.

However, putting that aside, can you show me where (in my post) I gave anyone a 100% guarantee? When it comes to health and nutrition, there's no such thing. That's why I started my post by saying you could reduce your risk by 50% or more.

You see the few who ate "health foods only" and got diseases. I see the 63% of the population who are overweight and obese. On the other side of the spectrum there are those who are perhaps underweight and undernurished. So I see lots of room for improvement. And those who are not living a healthy lifestyle, well, it's likely that they know who they are.

I don't condescend, I try to encourage those Villagers who have lots of room for improvement, like the more than 63% who are overweight or obese etc..