View Single Post

Old 12-30-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
What does everyone do with all the pictures/phototgraphs from life when they are getting ready to move to TV? Is if my own life collection and that of my husband were not enough, my dad just died and my mother is passing away as well and I packed up all their things. I found pictures, drawers of pictures, going back to WW 2 when my dad was a medic. Keeping all the pictures seems like it will fill every nook and cranny in our new place. What do people do with multi generational pictures when they downsize?
We have done some major "dejunking" over the past 5 months, getting ready for when we can move to TV. DW and I sat in the hall floor one day and went through folder after folder of photos we took over the past 41 years. After trashing useless photos like sky, trees, landscape, photos of people we don't remember, we eliminated 2/3's of the pile. I have some of my father's WWII photos, not many but requiring a decision. I trashed them. They weren't of him. You can ask other family members of they want old pictures you don't treasure.

It's a personal decision for sure, but we have no need for all but a few of old family pictures.

Good luck with the task, it does take time to go through them all. We are just heeding all the TOTV advice to "dejunk, dejunk, dejunk". DW and I plan to start life anew once we move and will only keep the most treasured of old photos. All we plan to bring is a change of undies, our toothbrushes, and only the significant keepsakes. Well. . . okay. . . a piano and one dog!

Can't wait to be a frog!!!