View Single Post

Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Gold member

Trying very hard not to comment, but.................went to Urgent care, sent immediately to ER, suspected serious kidney infection/stones. To make a very long story shorter I was admitted and spent the next 7 days there. I never saw a Urologist the whole time, spouse ranted one day (quietly and privately) to head nurse about all our concerns, not much she could do except try to placate us. I was in severe pain the whole time(allergic to many heavy duty pain stuff). Took days to get tests done, etc... The one hospitalist who saw me was good, attentive and seemed to have it pretty well under control, but still the fact that I did not get to see a Urologist really annoys me, they told me they had them on staff. A 5 hour wait for 2 tylenol pills seems a bit bizarre .....oh I have more stories but I'll spare you. I will say that two different people came around to ask about my stay - I gave them the good, the bad and the ugly. I will not totally bash the hospital tho because there are some good people who work there trying to do a good job. While I was there I felt like I was in a nightmare much of the time. Think they are probaly ok for some routine things, but more complex cases I 'd choose another hospital if at all possible.
I have been home for three days now, still fairly ill. Seeing a Urologist soon.