View Single Post

Old 01-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichVisitor View Post
By far the worst hospital I've ever experienced. If my parents in The Villages need emergency health care again it will not be at the Villages Hospital. My mother was sent to the ER a couple days after Christmas 2011, after being checked by the Urgent Care MD. who ordered many tests and insisted they be done through the ER. Which then resulted in 9 hours in the waiting room.

Finally checked by an MD.... ok now wait to see the Cardiologist.... 24 hrs later ok now wait to see the Neurologist who may be in today or tomorrow.... turned out to be late the next day.... all tests turned out ok, then spent half a day begging to get a doctor to release her. Zero reason to be there on the last day, just a complete lack of a doctor available to release her.

9 hrs in the waiting room, 2 1/2 days in the hospital, and zero accomplished.

I've experienced professional hospitals with first class health care. This one is an absolute joke.

Never again.
Why would an Urgent care center (where they can do most if not all those tests) say that she need to go to an ER for the tests? What urgent care was that? I know that premier medical would not have done that unless it was an absolute concern on their part that her case was very dire and needed attention they could not provide. They have X-ray, CT, labs, etc. etc.

Yes I'm defensive because I work there but more importantly I know how triage works and I've done triage for 2 years. If it did indeed take 9 hours then there was a whole other story that you are not divulging.

You say 'released'? So she was admitted? If not then they couldn't 'release' her. You can always leave anytime you want. A hospital would never admit a patient without cause since they wouldn't be reimbursed. I think the story is embellished?

And I hope you post again since the one thing that we see a whole lot on this forum is people who are brand new posting VERY negative stories about some element of The Villages. I, for one, take them with a huge grain of salt!