Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
I made a post (somewhere?) a while back about a dream therapy group I was part of, that became a really cool adventure.
One of the things we had fun with was finding a picture of a place we would like to visit, like Bali, Peru, a palace, an English garden, or whatever appeals to you.
We placed that picture, post card, whatever, next to our nightstand and gazed upon it before falling asleep. We played the 'what if?' game for a few minutes, and really tried to FEEL the joy we would experience visiting there.
Then, we decided that in our dreams, we would 'go on vacation' there.... and settle into sleep with that expectation.

In addition, we posted a small sign on the nightstand (mine was on my alarm clock) that said, "I remember my dreams easily". Didn't consciously look at that, but it entered my peripheral vision whenever I was near it.

It may take a few nights, but I'm here to say it works fabulously, and gets better with time.

If you awaken during the night and have trouble getting back to sleep because
of thoughts racing through your mind, there are other things we did that I can give tips on. Just let me know and I'll share them with you.
Was the Dream Group here in TV? I love all this kind of stuff ... Visualization, affirmations, rituals, ceremonies, self hypnosis, meditation, deciding to dream that I'm flying and doing it!

But still .. Sigh .. Here I am awake at 5:21! Time to listen to a meditation tape!