Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
Dear, dear Bare (and everybody else, too),

This may have nothing to do with your sleep problem... On the other hand, it may have everything to do with it. For quite a few years I had a terrible problem sleeping. Nothing helped. Nothing.

One day I needed to buy more makeup foundation, and I actually had my glasses with me and read the label. I discovered that the 'age-defying' ingredient in the makeup was caffeine! I was in the habit of using my 'good' makeup before going out to dinner (and we ate out a lot!), so reading the label was an AHA moment for me. I was applying the makeup early in the evening, and was still wide awake at dawn! I thought it would be worth trying another caffeine-free foundation, just to see if it made a difference. Voila! I still have trouble sleeping on occasion, but it's nothing like it was before I stopped defying age & wrinkles & brown spots...

So ladies, you might want to read the ingredients in your foundation. Caffeine could be the culprit!

Well-rested but ugly,
Judy
WOW.... that's interesting and eye-opening! (No pun intended!) ...And your sense of humor is devine, uujudy!

To answer Bare's question, the dream group I spoke of was not here in TV, but many years ago in Chicago. We helped participate so that a group of Psychologists could learn how to conduct the therapy. My friend was their teacher and a fellow artist.
We did it as an experiment to tap into our artistic creativity. What was to be a six week class for them turned into a year long wonderful journey for us.
I, too am open to exploring some of the more esoteric pathways.