View Single Post

Old 01-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Have you tried going to https://digitalnow.comcast.com/ and activating them yourself?

I have activated several neighbor's DTA boxes from my PC using this site.

The boxes have to be on and the TVs have to be tuned to channel 3.

Z
Oh Caveman, that's the FIRST thing I tried! For some strange reason the boxes they sent to me are not listed in their inventory. That's what's causing all the confusion. I tried to activate them one last time on Sunday, thinking that they wouldn't be busy on Sunday, and I have free weekend minutes on my cellphone.

Once again, it took 5 different transfers after each person guaranteed that THEY were the person I needed to talk to, and they would most definitely be able to activate my boxes. I was on hold with EACH person from 3 to 8 minutes until they came back on the line and explained that they couldn't do the activation. Each one ended their part of the call with the assurance that the next person would definitely be able to activate my boxes, and that Comcast support was there for me 24/7!

My final transfer was supposed to be (yet again) to Tech Support, went instead to Billing, and I got the message that the Billing department was closed and I should call back during regular business hours. Nooooooo!

That call took 57 minutes. I'm out of minutes for regular business hours, and I'm out of patience. Meanwhile, I can hum the Comcast 'on hold' song in my sleep, and I have almost memorized the serial numbers of the boxes.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida