Thread: Speed Limits
View Single Post

Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
First, I don't live on or near Oak Forest. But, because of its location and the fact that it is a straight road parallel to Buena Vista and leads right into Glenview CC, Oak Forest has/had become a short cut for carts, cars, and contractors trying to avoid either the old, bumpy, narrow cart path or the traffic on Buena Vista. Residents on that street had problems backing out of driveways with the constant stream of traffic on what should have been a quiet residential street. And they rightfully complained. I don't consider that whining and b****ing. I consider it standing up to get what you paid for when you buy a home on a residential street. And the traffic study confirmed that. You may have read comments from some people on San Marino about the vehicles using that road and others as a short cut to El Camino. If traffic is moving at an unsafe speed or volume, I would expect a neighborhood to complain.
OK, sorry I called it whining and b***hing ! I should have said complaining. But nevertheless, the signs wouldn't have gone up if the folks on Oak Forest hadn't complained. So, how can you say they had nothing to do with it !