View Single Post

Old 02-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Gold member
Default Not yet

We were here last winter from November to early May, then since late September this year which will be our first as permanent residents.

I definitely thought I would want a part-time job, both for the extra money and to put some structure in my days. Ohioboy talked me out of it, and I am really glad - not sure when I would have been able to fit it in, to be honest.

Besides a lot of the things Gracie mentioned, I also like to garden and read, things done mostly on my own, although I go to at least 2 garden club events every month (would go to more if I could fit them in), and now 2 book clubs.

Plus, if you expect lots of houseguests (usually the most in your first year or two here), remember that they take time and energy, even the ones who are very independent and self-sufficient, plus some recovery time after they leave. Our house/dogsitters just left Wed. morning, and they are finding that they are bored in Ohio in the winter, just not enough to do in cold weather there. When we get a cold spell here, it's kind of enjoyable - we maybe cancel outside activities, catch a couple of movies, cook something wintery, etc.

Honestly? We have to almost schedule some down time.