View Single Post

Old 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmpat View Post
We bought two houses away from Bruce and Barbara on the same side. I think the address is 3123 but I don't know the lot #. We have to sell our home first which is going up for sale in two weeks. We will probably be one of the last folks who will start building our home. My husband picked out the Iris. I am not really crazy about the Iris due to the bathroom set up. I like the Cedar better but the living room area is so tight and right on top of the kitchen. I also like the Begonia too. So as you can see I have not made up my mind on which model to get. I do like the location and the fact that I have the privacy wall behind us. They say location location is the way to go.

Patti & Carmen
hi patti: we are on the same side as bruce and barbara, our house is the iris, the third house down. it will be a shade of green. just for the record i picked everything out with the designer and picked the style of home last. i looked at them all and couldn't make up my mind but in the end i chose the iris. we are keeping our home in rhode island for a couple more years so we had to be careful with price. i have a large home and lots of property here and my thought was to get something smaller, less housework and less to care for. i don't think i will regret our choice. i do agree that the room size of the living space is small. i wish the living area was wider and i wish my lanai was wider but all in all i think i will be happy with what we chose. everyone there tells me you spend very little time in the house. hard for me to believe because here i am home lots. (home because i like being home)
i hope your designer will be as good as ours was. diane helped us and the process was so easy. diane knew what she was doing and was extremely thorough. you are going to be surprised as to how easy and how fast the process is. anyway good luck with sale of your home. in these times you'll probably have more frustration with that then with building. good luck. denise